Devices with a thermal imager are considered universal and are actively used in many countries around the world. Most often, the military, rescuers and ordinary hunting enthusiasts have them in their bags. For the latter, such optics is indispensable. With its help, it is possible to find living beings even in complete darkness and accurately identify them. After that, it remains only to aim well and make an accurate shot.
Reasons to start hunting with thermal optics
Devices equipped with thermal imaging sensors will definitely become useful in hunting. Best of all in this case, sights show themselves. They enable the hunter not only to find potential prey by the generated thermal image, but also to aim for an accurate shot. Binoculars and monoculars with thermal sensors will become an alternative to sights. These devices will help track animals and determine the approximate distance to them. Also, with their help, you can track the movement of game in the forest, steppe, mountainous and other areas.
There is no consensus among hunters regarding the need for thermal optics. Some of them point to the high cost of such devices and other serious shortcomings, while others see only positive qualities in this optics. There are much more hunters belonging to the second category. As proof of their innocence, they give several reasons why it is still worth actively using thermal optics.
Top reasons to go hunting with thermal optics:
- Versatility. Standard NV devices are able to work effectively only at night. This makes them absolutely useless on sunny days, which leads to the need to purchase additional optics. It, in turn, is quite expensive and is not accessible to everyone. At the same time, models that support thermal imaging technologies do their job equally well regardless of the time of day. Even with a very bright sun, the instruments used will help to detect living beings that were originally invisible to humans. Such versatility allows you to buy one instead of two devices, which will save money and space in your backpack.
- Affordable cost. Dozens of companies from around the world are engaged in the production of thermal optics. Each of the companies tries to offer customers high-quality products with excellent performance. High competition inevitably leads to a gradual reduction in prices for thermal optics. As a result, it is constantly getting cheaper and becomes available even to users with average financial capabilities. These days, you can easily get a quality, but slightly outdated model for $500-700. At the same time, modern optics will cost about 2-3 times more. The downward trend in prices will be observed in the future, which will further reduce the price tag on the models of all well-known companies.
- Speed of target detection. Most night hunters complain about the difficulty of finding animals in a dark forest. To simplify the task, you need to purchase thermal optics for hunting. This device will make it possible to see all warm-blooded creatures and choose the most suitable target for a shot. When using simple night vision devices, the search for potential prey can drag on until the morning.
- Efficiency. Many models of thermal optics are useful for hunters not only when searching or tracking animals, but also during the rest period. In this case, they will provide an opportunity to inspect the surrounding area for the presence of predators and other animals that can harm human health. In addition, with the help of these devices, you can quickly notice your hunting colleagues and exclude the possibility of their accidental injury (without using thermal optics, another hunter can be mistaken for game moving around their territory).
- The need for population control. The active use of thermal optics allows hunters to gain a tangible advantage over various representatives of the fauna. This makes it possible to shoot dozens of individuals in a relatively short period of time. All this can be useful if it is necessary to control the population of a certain species (for example, wild boars, causing great harm to agriculture). In this case, the government lifts all prohibitions on shooting pest animals and hunters have the opportunity to shoot as much game as they want. In addition, with the help of thermal optics, you can find and kill animals infected with rabies or other dangerous diseases.
- High-quality fight against predators. Predators can be dangerous not only to herbivores, but also to people. Very often they enter the territory of farms and kill many domestic animals. Hunters fight these pests most effectively. They shoot predators, thereby reducing their activity near human habitation. It is best to do this work at night. For these purposes, it is advisable to purchase thermal optics, which will help you quickly detect the animal, as well as make an accurate shot even in low light conditions. Without such devices, it is very difficult to cope with a large number of predators.
- The speed of searching for a wounded animal. It is far from always possible to kill an animal with the first shot. After being wounded, it continues its movement and hides in dense thickets, pits, and other natural barriers. To detect and finish him off, the hunter will definitely need thermal optics. With the help of such devices, it will be possible to quickly track the drops of blood of the beast on the ground or grass and find its new location.
- Personal security. Hunting after sunset is an exciting but very dangerous activity. This is due to the fact that most predators hunt at night and may well take a person for potential prey. Thermal optics will help a person to know in advance about the approach of a dangerous animal. With their help, you can see the thermal outline of a nearby individual, with which you can determine the type, dimensions, and also assess the degree of danger to humans. This approach will give a chance to leave the animal path in time and avoid direct contact with a superior “rival” in strength.
- The possibility of a collective process. Most often, night hunting goes alone or in pairs. This is due to the peculiarities of the event, as well as to improve security. If you want to hunt with a whole team, then it is best to take thermal optics with you. With it, you can see your friends in complete darkness and follow their movements. In addition, the presence of such devices reduces the likelihood of a shot that will injure another hunter.
- Minimum energy costs. The thermal optics produced are characterized by low power consumption. In this regard, the devices can work smoothly for a long period. Also, almost all modern models are supplemented with connectors for connecting an external power source. Its use eliminates the need to periodically turn off the optics in order to save battery power.
- Compact and light weight. Manufacturers of thermal optics annually release new models of their products. Each time it becomes lighter and more compact. Thanks to this, the process of using the devices becomes even more comfortable. Also, the minimum weight and size do not overload the hunter’s backpack and do not lead to hand fatigue in case of long-term observation of potential prey.
- The image of a professional hunter. The use of thermal optics is also the right image solution. These devices are available mainly to professionals, so it is always a pleasure to include yourself among them. In addition, this optic will simplify the tracking process and increase the chances of returning home with good prey, which will also have a positive effect on the image of a person.
Also read: Benefits of an Inside the Waistband Holster
Thermal imaging is of great benefit in hunting. With its help, it is possible to see living beings in the dark, identify them and select a suitable target. With the correct use of these devices, the likelihood of a successful hunt will be much higher. This will help you get the most out of the process and get a wonderful trophy.