If your business involves marketing, you’re familiar with these problems:
- Leads are dropping off at different stages of the funnel.
- Standard marketing tools no longer meet KPIs for leads and sales.
- Customers expect you to respond instantly to them in all channels – website chat, social networks, messengers.
Conversational Marketing will help solve all these problems. It will allow you to attract more targeted leads, find out what they want, move them quickly through the funnel and increase company profits. Here’s how it works.
Table of Contents
What Conversational Marketing Is
Conversational Marketing is a personalized approach to marketing based on chatting on a website and messengers. In Conversational Marketing, the communication is built around the client – business does everything to offer the client an effective solution to his problem as quickly as possible and make the communication as comfortable as possible for him.
How Conversational Marketing Is Changing the World of Online Sales
Attracting More Leads Using Chats and Chatbots Instead of Forms
Start the Conversation First
Chat allows you to chat with the user right on the site instead of making him fill out a form and wait for a call from the manager. It is not necessary for the user to be the initiator of the dialog – start the dialog first. For example, offer:
- Sign up for a demo.
- Download a relevant lead-magnet.
- Communicate with a manager who will help you choose the product.
- Find out about the latest product updates, promotions or discounts.
- Learn how to use your service.
National Casino is a great example here, as it offers users bonuses as soon as they sign up and deposit.
Personalize the Message
For example, show the messages on the landing pages with the highest conversion. You can also target certain segments of users:
- Viewed a certain number of product pages or lingered in the product catalog.
- Have visited your site for the first time or, conversely, Have visited it for the fifth time.
- Have read a specific email or pop-up.
- Ordered the same product more than twice.
Communicate With the Customer When and Where It’s More Convenient for Him
Since Conversational Marketing is a customer-centric approach, all communication should be tailored to the customer. Daytime, nighttime, holidays, weekends – the customer should get an instant answer to their question at any time. A chat bot for your website can handle this task. It will automatically answer users’ simple questions 24/7, sign them up for consultations, and thus move them up the funnel.
Find out What Customers Want in Minutes Instead of Days
The chatbot for the website will automatically qualify the user and relieve the manager of this task. It will ask standard questions that will identify the needs of the lead and assess how ready he is for a purchase. If the user is not ready, or has technical questions, the bot will suggest that they read relevant articles or contact the support team.
Gather as Much Information About Your Customers as You Can
When a sales manager joins the conversation with a customer, he will know not only the answers to the bot’s questions, but also the entire history of the interaction between the customer and the company. He will better understand the customer’s needs and be able to offer the most suitable solution.
The collection of data and integration with analytics systems will help to learn as much as possible about your target audience. This allows all data about the user to be stored in his card in the service:
- Where he came from.
- Which pages he visited.
- Which forms he filled out and what he wrote in them.
- Which offers were viewed.
- What the communication with support or other sales managers was about.
This information and answers to qualifying questions from the chatbot will allow the manager to prepare for the call with the client, not to ask unnecessary clarifying questions and as soon as possible to offer a suitable offer.